Because there are so many cigars out there and we’re pretty sure we’d be fine with trying all of them. From light to medium-strength cigars for the beginner to much more full-bodied options, we got you covered. We met with Professional Amateur Cigar Smoker and CEO of The Ceres Group, an IT consulting & staffing firm in Boston, David Belanger who gave us his picks for some of the best cigars to add to your humidor in 2018.
1. Montecristo ’80th Anniversary No. 2′ Cigars – Buy a Box of 12 Here for $238
Flavor/Notes: Full-bodied flavor of nuts, creamy caramel, leather and cedar.
2. Romeo y Julieta Reserva Real ‘No. 2 Belicoso Box Pressed’ Cigars – Buy a Box of 25 Here For $178
Flavor/Notes: Medium body in strength, with rich nutty and toasty flavors.
3. Arturo Fuente ‘Fuente Opus X The Lost City’ Double Robusto Cigars – Buy a Box of 10 Here For $300
Flavor/Notes: Earth, spice, cedar, pepper, cream and caramel.
4. Montecristo Artisan Series Cigars – Buy a Box of 15 Here For $243
Flavor/Notes: Medium to full-bodied with flavors of coffee and cream.
5. Davidoff Special Series ‘Double R’ Cigars – Buy a Box of 25 Here For $764
Flavor/Notes: Zesty pepper and buttery leather.
6. H. Upmann ‘Reserve Maduro Toro’ Cigars – Buy a Box of 27 Here For $100
Flavor/Notes: Smooth and creamy with hints of cocoa and coffee.
7. Romeo Anejo by Romeo y Julieta Cigars – Buy a Box of 20 Here For $171
Flavors/Notes: Full body smoke with wonderful notes of coffee and delicious dark chocolate.
8. Ashton Estate Sungrown ’24-Year Salute’ Cigars – Buy a Box of 25 Here For $525
Flavor/Notes: Bold notes of earth, spice, leather, wood and nuts.
9. Punch ‘Rothschild Maduro’ Cigars – Buy a Box of 50 Here For $184
Flavor/Notes: Earthy, creamy and consistant.
10. Excalibur Cameroon ‘Merlin’ Cigars – Buy a Box of 20 Here For $92
11. La Estrella Cubana Habano Cigars – Buy a Box of 20 Here For $55
Flavor/Notes: Leather, spice, caramel and dark roast coffee.
12. La Gloria Cubana ‘Serie R No. 5’ Cigars – Buy a Box of 24 Here For $135
Flavor/Notes: Chocolate, pepper and spicy sweetness.
13. Arturo Fuente ‘Churchill Maduro’ Cigars – Buy a Box of 25 Here For $135
Flavor/Notes: Light-to-medium and great for beginner cigar smokers or someone who is looking for a subtle, but satisfying smoke.
14. Flor de Gonzalez ’15th Aniversario Torpedo’ Cigars – Buy a Pack of 5 Here For $30
Flavor/Notes: Creamy and nutty goodness.
15. Padron ‘1964 Anniversary Series – Corona’ Cigars – Buy a Box of 25 Here For $255
Flavor/Notes: Espresso, earth, chocolate, and nuts.
16. Cohiba Dominican ‘Robusto’ Cigars – Buy a Box of 25 Here For $244
Flavor/Notes: Medium-strength, pepper, and cedar.
17. Partagas ‘Fabulosos’ Cigars – Buy a Box of 25 Here For $136